How Do I Join The Volunteer Horse Patrol (VHP)?
In order to Join the VHP, you must meet the following General Requirements:
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years old and have a qualified horse available to them.
- A qualified horse should be experienced on trails, sound and in good condition, and calm enough to work safely with other horses and people.
- Prospective volunteers attend two evening training sessions (not on horseback) with park staff in March.
- Trainee and horse ride along with a patrolling member in April.
- Volunteer and horse successfully complete a qualification ride in May.
Please see our 2014 VHP Flyer for more information.
You can also request a copy of our Training Packet be sent to you. We have a convenient form that you can submit on our "Contact Us" page to request a copy.
Our 2013 New VHP Graduates with Parks Superintendant Scott Lombardi:
3 of our 2012 New VHP Graduates:
2011 New VHP Graduates:
Page views since January, 2014: 559